Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Welcome Newbies To FF
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #1862
IndyX3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111300
What I Drive: 2002 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 IndyX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hello all! I just purchased my third Focus. Bought my first one brand new when they first came out. I was very impressed with the car.

Being young and dumb at the time, I beat the hell out of the car and never had any issues with it.
A few years later I purchased an 04 SVT ZX5 with the European Appearance Package. I absolutely loved this car and was nearly in tears when I had to trade my baby in for a real baby lol.
Now I have a 90 mile round trip commute to work and my 540i just wasn't doing the job when it came to MPG's so I just purchased an 02 ZX3 5 speed.
One owner and he kept it well maintained. The interior looks brand new and the body only has on ding on it. It has higher mileage than I would have liked to have (145k) , but with all the maintenance records on hand I felt good buying it ($3200). Compared to the rest of the junk out there, this was a good deal.

Of course after driving for a week, problems have now shown.
I believe the wheel bearings are in need of replacement as when I am coasting to a stop (10mph to 0mph) , I am getting a humming noise from front end. Now the breaks are squealing. Last but not least , a suspension overhaul is due . I was aware of the suspension from the test drive.

Anyhow, I just wanted to introduce myself and look forward to getting to know you guys and gals. I will be driving this car until December when my son starts driving....