View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #49
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I sold some old school books back to Amazon, so was able to get some stuff early....

Got Gold foil to line the oil pan where the exhaust routes under. I will be wrapping the flex pipe and cat pipe with exhaust wrap also. so this is a little extra to just try to prevent heat soak while at idle.

Got a fiber glass kit to attempt to patch / repair my front bumper along with doing the mod to install two gauge locations in the "coin" tray. I already have the 2" PVC. So I can work on this while I am waiting on other things.

Got a 2" x 50' roll and a 2" x 15' roll of DEI titanium to wrap the header along with the stainless steel wire ties. Whats the best way to make sure I can get a good tight wrap on the header? any way to attach it to something? I do have the motor out I can mock up the head on the block and attach the exhaust manifold and work on the wrap attached to the motor but out of the car....

I also was able to get the bearings and hubs installed in the knuckles faster than expected. I believe I still need to adjust the retaining clip to make sure the opening is in the correct location.

Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)