Level Up 54% Completed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 JasDmw Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasDmw View Post
I just had a GENK40 gentex autodimming mirror with homelink installed yesterday. Used my dealers recommended aftermarket electrical install shop. Unfortunately, the autodimming function is not working. Also, whenever I press one of the 3 buttons to activate a garage door, the 4 way flashers come on! Pressing one of the buttons again turns them off. Anyone else with this type of aftermarket install have this issue? Note that I did get the homelink to work fine to open my 2 garage doors. Am using the 3rd, unused homelink button for shutting off the 4 ways. Do intend on taking the car back to that shop, but am looking for some insight first. The installer says he works on many new fords and the 5 wires in there were a piece of cake for him. Obviously not, unless the mirror is flawed.
So I took it back and they admitted they installed it wrong! They called MITO corp, the manufacturer and got the right help. Connected the power to the "blue" wire in the fuse panel and all is well. Mine has a constant green light when the autodim funciton is on and nothing when it's off. When you activate one of the Homelink buttons it changes to red.

Would be nice if the buttons were illuminated; tough to see in the dark!

Otherwise, works really well.