Thread Killer

Fan#: 8331
What I Drive: 2012 White SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 6 Trav-E2.0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesiel678 View Post
90 MPH trap?? Nice!
Only a MM and a drop-in? What kind of gas... 91+ Oct? I'm assuming you had a fair amount of wheel spin... 90 mph trap speed indicates that the car should be capable of mid to low 15's IIRC (It's been awhile since I've drag raced so I may be off... correct me if I'm wrong)
Yes, I am at 93 octane. Forgot to mention that. Not too much wheel spin cause they had a great track prep and I've learned to launch around 2000 rpms. Anything higher than that I got either wheel hop or no traction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfocus View Post
So how does mph figure into the equation. Travis and I have nearly identical mph at the 1/8th mark, and almost the same 1/4 mile time, yet his mph at the quarter is greater. How does it work? He has room for improvement in the beginning of the race, or I have room for improvement toward the end?
This, cause I'm wondering that myself. I'm still fairly new to drag racing (did it a bunch in the past in my 05' hatch, but never got too into it till now) and don't know how that fits either. I know I need to work on my reaction time for sure and know how to do that, but how can I improve my 60' time? If I do that, can I dip more into the 15.5 range? Maybe without other mods or stickier tires???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
Who had a the better 60' time?
Here is the slip from when me and David (Streetfocus) raced...I'm on the left:

David is pwning me pretty good, but at the end it's like he just doesn't have the top end to keep the pace.

My ultimate goal is to break 14's now. Was to break 15's but, I did that lol I have my suspension coming in today and future mods will be sts, exhaust, headers and tune...That's probably going to be it on this car. Are 14's feasible with those mods in mind?

Mods: FSwerks Race Exhaust, K&N Typhoon SRI, MS3 CP-E RMM, Tuned By: Tom, Steeda STS, Eibach Sportlines, Steeda Rear Sway Bar and Anarchy Motive GM Shiftknob