View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #19
Broncoboy80
#MattinglyBuilt

Fan#: 59885
What I Drive: Stanced 02 SVT

FF Reputation: 13 Broncoboy80 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Ok, so i need to chime in on this... K-sport whomever you are that is dealing with this issue you and I need to have a chat on the phone. Chris (rpmischris) asked my personal opinion a few weeks back on whom to buy coilovers from. From my personal professional experience I pointed him towards K-sport. I know you guys build good quality products at a reasonable price, and honor your warranties (thought you did at least)....

Let me sum this up as to what is exactly wrong with this item...

What is it: Rear shock/strut

Part of item damaged/malfunction: Top self locking nut, and hex fitting in post.

Whats exactly wrong?: Hex fitting is stripped (circled out) due to a manufacture error dealing with the self-locking nut. The nut was being backed off (since the nut is tightened to the top of the strut for shipment) slowly and became EXTREMELY tight half-way up the threaded strut shaft.

--Take note that the nut hasn't even came off the product at this time--

Since the nut became tight we inspected the item to make sure we weren't doing something wrong. After assuring that everything we were doing was correct we proceeded to try and turn the nut off. (this is a BRAND new item, why wouldn't it come off the product from THE FACTORY?)

The end product was a stripped hex fitting and a stuck self-locking nut. Wont budge, wont do a DAMN thing

So hear we are, arguing back and forth trying to explain to K-sport that they accidentally had a product malfunction. All we need is this rear strut replaced free of no cost. Would K-sport rather replace this strut and lose the $10 that it cost to manufacture, or would K-sport rather upset Chris (a customer) me myself (Meister Werks whom carry's K-sport products) and all my customers who ask which coilover or air ride suspension to go with? This is up to your company to decide, but from one business owner to another "Honor your warranty, the customer is right in this situation. Little bumps in the road like this can become a nightmare in court, and could potentially take down and entire company."

Feel free to contact me at 253-549-3054 if you have any questions regarding the product malfunction and/or how to keep business flowing smoothly.

Instagram - #MattinglyBuilt
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
^yo, that bitch is LOW and clean!