View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
USARice
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56127
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST, DD and AutoX

FF Reputation: 1 USARice Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
The previous owner returned to stock. It came in what's referred to as "partially locked". I finished unlocking it. The PATs issue actually stemmed from when I was trying to datalog. In an attempt to fix the situation I reloaded the "Tune" that was in there from before that my car did run on with no PATS issues, just didn't run "right". Still had PATS problem. "Return to Stock".....still had PATS issue. I didn't do anything that hadn't worked before. But yes, obviously some ghost data was stored. Sucks, lesson learned. The tech I got on the phone this morning, Mark A, was VERY helpful. He unbricked my ECU by sending me a "stock" program. First we tried a regular one which didn't work, then we tried the same program with PATS disabled. Car started right up no issues. I cannot thank that tech enough for saving me the money of having to tow the thing in and have Ford do it. The point of all of this (and the callout) was this; I also sent a PM to our SCT rep here on the forums and he told me that SCT could not help me. Had I just listened to him and not also contacted SCT directly I would have had the thing towed in today because I was told SCT could not help me but that I would have to have someone else write me a custom tune with PATS disable. I was planning on getting a custom tune anyways (which I did from Tom today) but I didn't know Tom would be that fast and I needed my car back on the road today.

I have nothing but love for SCT as a whole and I give their tech support two thumbs up, but our rep here on the forums was not overly helpful. He responded to my cry for help over something that obviously wasn't SCT's fault, yes, and for that I am thankful, but he did nothing to actually help me solve the problem. Mark A did. That's what that last post was about.

Now off to send Tom my datalogs so we can get the beast running right. :)