Old 03-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
RPMisChris
Focus Addict

Fan#: 76276
What I Drive: 07 svt 2.3 swap thing

FF Reputation: 1 RPMisChris Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
KSport Coilover Issues

Well, I am beyond frustration to say the very least.

I bought my KSport coilover setup from THMotorsports for an excellent deal. Everything looked awesome and I couldn't have been more happier with my purchase. However during the install, the driver's side shock came preassembled with a seized locking nut on it.

Well after an hour or so we gave up with the hex being nearly stripped. I have contacted Ksport and am getting the runaround. This is what they told me:

"That nut is not welded to the shaft, we torque each one here to 45 lbs. The nuts are lock nuts to eliminate the chance of loosening during vehicle movement and shock travel, and must be removed with impact while the shaft is held in place In a way not to damage the shock shaft. I have no clue why they are even trying to remove it first of all, as they are locking nuts, not intended to be removed".

This is just ridiculous! We were trying to remove the locking nut that they shouldnt have put on there in the first place in order to install it on my car. I do not know if I they are going to give me a replacement or not and I sure as heck dont want to buy another shock setup for $200. I had even provided them with photo evidence of their manufacturing defect.

So as of right now I have all of their suspension installed on my car except for this one rear shock (I have a frpp shock installed in its place right now). I am left with a shock that has a stripped hex shaft thing and a seized nut. Needless to say I will never be getting anything Ksport again.

What am I suppose to do?

Last edited by RPMisChris; 03-12-2013 at 11:57 PM.