USARice
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56127
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST, DD and AutoX

FF Reputation: 1 USARice Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Originally Posted by USARice
Hi,

I sent an email to SCT directly but I'm hoping you get this before business hours. I tried to return my car to stock with my XCAL2 and it said it was successful but now the car won't start and the PATs light just blinks rapidly. I tried reloading the old tune but the same thing happens. So now I've got a dead car. Please help.

Cory Janda

Response:

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do remotely with the X2. This is part of the reason we no longer sell this device. Was this device only used on your vehicle? Was this the first time you had returned it to stock using the device?

From me:

No, but I had previously used the device with the tune that was on it from another 2.3l manual Focus and had no issues with PATS and returned to stock with no issues with PATS. Oh and it arrived partially unlocked and I found the instructions on a Powerstroke forum on how to finish unlocking it. Only then was I allowed to load the tune in my car but after a short drive I returned it to stock because there was a major hole between 4 and 5k.

Response:

Depending on how the device was used (if it was unlocked or not..the X2 required multiple steps for it to be truly unlocked) incorrect PATS information may have been copied over. You can try getting a custom tune file with PATS turned off but not all Focus allow this. How many tune files were on the device? Just a random question but when you try to start it, what is shown on the odometer? Is it just dashes? theft light blinking? Do you have the device connected to the obdII port or not when you try to start the car?

Unfortunately we are dealing with hardware that is close to 10 years old that we stopped supporting and updating probably 5 year ago.

Wish there was more that I could do. Your best bet at this time would be to get a pats disabled tune.

From me after getting the issue resolved through SCT Tech Support:

Mark at SCT wrote me a stock tune with PATS disabled. Worked great. I don't care that its disabled, the light still flashes on the dash when the car is off so that's a theft deterrent. I went and had a generic key cut just to make sure and it worked fine. Thanks for your help and much kudos to Mark.

Cory

Sent from Gods Country

Response:

So you thank me here then call me out on the forums publicly...appreciate that...

Nothing I stated was incorrect. We do not typically send out any sort of custom tune file. That is what our dealer network is for. I didn't offer or mention sending a file as there were still some unanswered questions and I didn't want to put you in a situation where you would have to have pats disabled from now on with any tune file you get from one of our dealers.

I will let our members be the judge of whether I was calling our rep out publically or not. He asked alot of questions and was helpful in that respect which is why I thanked him (although the Tech Support rep asked none of these questions and just helped me) but his solution as he stated a couple times was that I should find someone to write me a tune with PATS disable, not that SCT themselves could help me with a "piece of equipment that is 10 years old and we stopped supporting almost 5 years ago".