Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - who here is succesfully running al 103's?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #16
GreySkorpion
saved from the grave

Fan#: 94674
What I Drive: 2004 LG ZX5 2.3D

FF Reputation: 11 GreySkorpion Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider3211 View Post
I dont know bout horse power but i have smoother idle after doing the swap over. Also on my fofo i am running 93 octane with a tune. When dataloging i noticed my air fuel leaned out a bit more in higher rpm which i was looking for because i was at 11.8 af @ 5900, with ar103 @ .047 gap im now 11.4 @ 5900. It really depends on what your looking for. Ar103 dont last as long as motorcraft platinum. In my OPINION its worth it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using FF Mobile
Thank you for real numbers and the efficient use of data logging. To many people say blah blah blah copper is no good. Here is proof they improved your cars motor.

In NO post, NO post does anyone mention better MPG's, so whoever is hung up on that, please put it to rest. The use of AR 103's is for a better idle and a couple HP gain. Thats it. I thought my car had a bad motor mount because the vibrations, I installed AR103's gapped at .050 and its very smooth, has been for 15K and since it cost me $12, they will be replaced with the next oil change.