Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Engine running very rough
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #8
danny42984
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 110560
What I Drive: 2001 maroon focus

FF Reputation: 1 danny42984 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
\QUOTE=FocusRus;4622746]Dan, what is the condition of the up stream 02 sensor? This could very well be the issue if the ecm is seeing a 0v signal from the sensor, so in return the ecm thinks the engine is running lean. Do you have access to a scanner? I'd bet that your ecm is in open loop status. Lets start here and see if the 02 sensor is the problem.[/QUOTE]

Ok I picked up a scanner, just not the one I actually wanted. Anyways the cel finally did come on the other day when I moved the car out of the garage. The code it pulled is P0190 (fuel rail pressure sensor) and P0102 (mass or volume air flow circuit low input) I did find the hose going from valve cover to the plastic tube that leads to air box to be cracked a little and replaced that but still ran same. tapping on fuel rail near sensor seems to clear it up for a few min sometimes but may just be coincidence. I didn't see anything related to 02 sensor in the freeze frame data but I'm new to scanners and may not know what for or where to look. Does this tell you guys anything? I know that it could really be the frp sensor but I also know that there may be something else going on causing these codes. just want opinions from peeps that have been there and done that. I took the fuel rail pressure sensor off and sprayed it with electrical cleaner and sprayed the side that goes into the fuel rail with carb cleaner. It doesn't seem to be quite as rich lately and some times runs fairly smooth for several seconds here and there and even cleared up for 2 or 3 minutes once so I drove down the road and when I got back it started acting up again.

I have the scan info from the software that came with scanner that I could e-mail if it would help. It is in ms word format.

Last edited by danny42984; 03-11-2013 at 01:35 PM. Reason: add info