Wasney
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109571
What I Drive: 5SPD 2013 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Wasney Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdwales View Post
not trying to shit stir or anything, but if you dont have much money/make much money, any reason your driving a brand new car? could use the money elsewhere?

but i suppose this is "Merica". the land of credit cards. Where credit is better than having money.

I love credit cards, but also pay them off.

time to go back to drinking.
So, even tho you say it's in general, I figure I will reply since it was right after me mentioning I didn't have enough money. And I am buzzed, so why not.

Anyways, I like to hae 6-8 months income saved, which, for a 23 year old, if rather responsible for myself. So, my goal was so put enough down to have monthly payments less than the used car I owed 1 more year on, as well as still have my 6 months of saving. Since my estimate on taxes was so poor, I decided to nix some features that my dealer said he could just add later for less than getting a car with those features and others that I didn't want.

So, when I was surprised to get almost 4 times as much as I thought I would get, I now want to have those features, without the headache of adding them...

As for the whole idea of "using the money elsewhere" I figure managing to get out of a car that I owed more than the dealer value (sold it private for over private kbb), saving on monthly payment, gas, and insurance, was a good move.

And credit cards, I have one, that I keep at about 20% usage, to make payments on, to build credit...And think it's ridiculous that I have to jump through hoops this early in life, so that when I go to buy a house they will approve me...Silly "credit score."

And I make enough money, after all my expenses and fun, I still put away 20-40% of my income every month. Figure for being responsible since the age of 18, and dealing with bad luck on 5 used cars in 5 years I deserved this.

And now to head to bed. I have a spring break worth of assignments to fit into tomorrow