Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - What a difference changing transmission fluid makes!!
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 01:56 AM   #9
Eduktion
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105621
What I Drive: 2000 Silver ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 Eduktion Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc49 View Post
Here we go again, I smell a 'I changed new fluid for very old and the new fluid tore up my transmission!' post coming shortly.

Some people will never get it............and the car could care less about whether they have the funds to fix it.

The guy STILL hesitant about doing it, even though now he's quaking over damage he's already done. Well you've gone and done it now, the trans is on it's way out, no thanks to the maintenance you did there...........

Wanting a transmission to last and then not lifting a finger to help that is quite frankly defective thinking. I really mean no offense but it's gotta be called what it is. There are others who think same thing and they need to see this, it may save them some big money.

If one changes fluid and experiences that type of performance change then he went WAY too far, and does not know what proper fluid looks or smells like. Normal fluid changes on any car I've ever done are transparent and the only way you can pretty much tell is that the gears bump in a bit faster and firmer when you put it in gear. The shifts should be about the same and there should be no night to day difference. I have never experienced that fantastic result in all the automatic transmissions I've ever worked on. You don't want to know how many that is.................

Keep them knickers on! I bought the car a few months back, This is my first car im still learning...