Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Intermittent Problem
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #10
JerryCMoore
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107184
What I Drive: 2003 Gray ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 JerryCMoore Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Oh Boy

After the last post I stalled at a red light downtown so I got a tow to the local Sullivan Tire. The tech at the shop replaced my ignition switch and ran a bunch of tests on the car. Sometimes it started sometimes it didn't. He took the CPU out and put it in the fridge and it wouldn't start when back in the car, then he'd let it sit for a few hours and it would start. Could be luck, could be temperature related, he didn't know. So I picked my car up after three days of guesswork. Well it hasn't given me a problem starting since. (It stalled over an over again in traffic on I95 though, figures)

Today was different though. I was driving at a low speed when all of a sudden, it simply stopped running. The odometer went from a numerical value to a sting of "-----" and I pulled to the side of the road, where I couldn't start. Not a sound, nothing. I called AAA and waited for over an hour. In this time I played with the equipment and found that my car when turned to the "on" position has the headlights work and radio work, but windshield wipers and interior fan are dead. Is this normal? I've never stalled while moving an I've certainly never seen this before.