felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 54 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artplata View Post
I have been doing research and wanted to get forum's opinion regarding cat-back exhausts. From what I have gathered all exhausts manufacturers have increased the stock size pipe to 2.25 inch diameter pipe adding their muffler and an exhaust tip to top it off. I was wondering if you have these local Mexican muffler shops just install a 2.25 diameter pipe just from cat to muffler, would that make a difference. Why would these companies charge so much for their product if these local shops can meet their specs at a fraction of the cost.

Your opinion is highly regarded, thanks in advance.
If all your looking for is a different tone of noise= Why not just add a different muffler?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Xparent Cyan FF Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
The higher quality aftermarket kits use mandrel bent stainless steel tubing vs crush bent steel/ iron/ non stainless steel/ aluminized steel tubing that your local exhaust shop would usually use which constricts the flow at every bend and would be worse than stock.

If you can find a shop that has a mandrel bender and can use good quality stainless pipes it might be ok, but most just use the cheap tube benders that crush or crimp the pipe in the process.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
my se sport had 2.25 piping in most of the exhaust....
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This is what you have^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
fswerks is 2.5"
If you want to get a desent quality system, here you go. ^^^^^^^^^^^
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131