Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Your next vehicle's motor size
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #236
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

Points 3,218, Level 35
Points: 3,218, Level: 35 Points: 3,218, Level: 35 Points: 3,218, Level: 35
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 60%
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%
FF Reputation: 25 amc49 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I used to race American Motors V-8s in the nines 1/4 mi. Also some 700+ inch fat block Chevy in Camaro pro stocker in the sevens. And many other different classic American V-8s of all types.

The hot rod inline four bikes I played with got me used to fours, they are easy to diagnose and work on and cheaper, I've gotten used to the fact that in cars they do not 'go' like the big ones did. Give me simpler nowadays, simpler lasts longer by virtue of less parts, less breakdown..................although I thoroughly embrace computer control, the best thing to ever happen to engine longevity.

I remember at one time thinking the world would never accept smaller engines in all cars, what a I was................I drove a 400 HP Javelin that ran in the twelves and freaked out when gas hit $0.39 a gallon.

I'll take the four.............my 'high performance' now consists of getting a car from birth to death with as long a period as I can in between and with utter 100% dead reliability with hardly any money spent on parts and zero on maintenance.