Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - One Year Later - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #90
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Points 535, Level 10
Points: 535, Level: 10 Points: 535, Level: 10 Points: 535, Level: 10
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY View Post
IT DID NOT DO THIS BEFORE THE RACK WAS CHANGED. IT WAS THE SAME "SMALL CAR" BEFORE THE RACK WAS CHANGED AND IT DID NOT DRIVE THIS WAY. This usually leaves them in silence, because what can they honestly say to that.
This has been my experience as well. Pointing out that a problem did not exist until something was changed should make trouble-shooting it a no-brainer. Change it back or do the job again. Simple.

One of the first things I ask people whose computer problems I am tasked with fixing is "Has anything changed recently? Any new hardware or software?"

The reason I ask that question is because when a problem starts after a particular change, there's a very high likelihood that the problem is related to the change. It's not always the case, but the correlation is extremely high.

But what the hell do I know?... I only fix 98% of the problems I see and at my last position, I had a meager 4.9 of 5 customer satisfaction rating. I clearly shouldn't be talking about how to fix problems and make customers happy! LOL