Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - One Year Later - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #89
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Fan#: 110359
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

Points 1,705, Level 24
Points: 1,705, Level: 24 Points: 1,705, Level: 24 Points: 1,705, Level: 24
Level Up 5% Completed
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurtinfocus View Post
I would file the paperwork, and at least attempt to go through the lemon law process....if nothing else, the combination of putting both of those things into motion should shake things up with ford and make them realize it's time for them to stop jerking you around.....

I wonder if they would let you drive a lot car/loaner of the exact same make/model as yours for a week to note the differences in the two....

I wonder if there's an app for your phone kinda like the sleep-cycle app....the sleep cycle app monitors your movement in your sleep....all you do is set it on your bed.

if you could somehow show that you're required to adjust steering MORE in your car than another identical car on the same commute over a couple of days to show averages....you'd have RAW DATA to prove there's something wrong.
Here's an idea, if you have a video camera, or at least a smartphone, record yourself driving and you can demonstrate how bad the car's steering tracks. You can point it in a straight line, remove your hands from the wheel and show how it veers right or left, as long as it is safe and there are no other vehicles around. Try to get your speedo in frame so they can see the speed the car is traveling at when the condition occurs and when it doesn't, I did this with a high speed problem I had with my Cobra that the dealer couldn't dublicate because they wouldn't drive the car fast enough so that the problem would rear its ugly head. And then go show the service manager and make sure they have a Ford area service rep there too so he can validate it.