Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - One Year Later - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #87
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Fan#: 110359
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
But either way, it's not the fault of the dealerships. It's the fault of Ford corporation for binding their hands as much as they can. Claims get denied for *every* reason under the sun, which means the dealerships can't do anything about it.
You are speaking the Gospel here. I've been down this road with Ford more than once, damn surprised I still buy them, must be losing my mind in my old age. I have been told that transmission failures were "MY" fault due to my driving, even though the exact same problem had been mentioned in countless automobile publications and forums, just so Ford could deny the claim and get out of paying for my issue. This, by the way, was the T-45 on my 96 SVT Cobra Mustang. I had a friend, exact same car, and had his T-45 fail, 3rd-4th shifter fork broke just like mine, and had his tranny replaced under warranty, but they denied mine, citing customer abuse. I asked them to show me the so called "abuse", like a scored flywheel or burnt clutch disc which would mean I was being hard on the poor little so-called performance car, but they couldn't because none existed. They could however, because they can, just say no we won't fix it and then cancel the remaining portion of your powertrain warranty which they did. And all of this on their top of the line performance car, at the time, the SVT Cobra. So you see Ford has been doing this sort of crap for a long time, and I'm sure they will continue to do so as long as we, the consumer, continue to allow it. My advice, if your state has a Lemon Law, file a claim and use it. I did it on my 96 Cobra and won. I made Ford buy it back from me. Maybe you can get them to do that for you, or at least have them take this car back, and give you another Focus at no additional cost. I made them do that on my 03' Terminator Cobra, it had electrical gremlins that caused it to quit running, and made them replace it with an 04' Terminator which I still have and drive on occasion when I feel the need for speed. Good luck to you and don't give up!