Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Steering wheel vibration AFTER a balance and rotation???):
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #35
scott7278
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100021
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SEL Hatchback

Points 1,417, Level 21
Points: 1,417, Level: 21 Points: 1,417, Level: 21 Points: 1,417, Level: 21
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 5 scott7278 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katkrazy2007 View Post
I never would have thought about that, but you guys could be right. I never gave it a second thought. So how can someone like me who doesn't know much about cars just look and see if its bent? And if it helps to verify this, my car has a rebuilt title. It was in a minor accident that did some fender and a little undercarriage damage. The wheels on my car now aren't the ones that were on it during the accident though. The original wheels were the 16in snowflakes that come on SES models but mine has the 15in 16spoke SE wheels. I assumed the wheels got messed up in the accident and the only fix was the replace them completely. So what could be bent (if anything) besides the wheels? You guys are helping a lot and I appreciate it. How can I verify a bent wheel?
A rebuilt title does not really go with a "minor accident," IMHO. My guess is that they swapped out the damaged wheels with some used ones, and one of them was bent.