Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Now I'm a official member
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #17
pmason718
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53726
What I Drive: 2010 Coupe Blue Flame Metallic

FF Reputation: 1 pmason718 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by champjfocus View Post
In regards to your HID's, that all depends on what you want it to look like, how much you want to spend, and how much work you want to do.

Considering the license plate bulbs are not regular 12V but upwards of 13-14V, I would get the bulbs from here: http://store.42draftdesigns.com/145v...-LED_p_32.html.

**Make sure you get quanity 2!**

For $13.00, these bulbs have lasted myself and many others a long time. They also look great.

As for a remote start, it depends on how much you are looking to spend and who will be installing it.
Thanks for the link, how bright r these bc I want LEDs but not bright or blue looking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarderSauce View Post
Oh by the way, I really like the way the 35% tint looks, I was thinking about doing that to my car soon since I have a red/black theme on the rest of the car. Unfortunately, it is illegal to have anything darker than 50% in Minnesota so I am going to try to get a prescription from my eye doctor for 35% tint to avoid tickets.
Thanks for the compliment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubix View Post
Those 42draft LEDs i have as well, and havent had an issue with them. Read a few posts of others burning out after about 2 months. As for HIDs, the correct way is like some said already, a projector retro fit. But, youll be fine throwing them in the stock housing as i did untill you gather up the funds to do a retrofit.

Love that color by the way.
Yea def not my first car so I'm aware of the projectors but for the moment I will install them in the stock housing def want to see pics of the projectors if anyone call shoot me a link to see cool