Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - One Year Later - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #84
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurtinfocus View Post
at this point, the car is in the realm of the lemon law....you've had it back to the dealer 3+ times for the same issue and it is still unresolved. If they won't swap out your steering rack again, then I'd start the lemon-law process to have ford buy the car back from you and move on.
I don't know if it will be that easy. The steering seems very subjective, well according to the ford techs anyway.

It is not something easily duplicated. It is only living with the car, driving it day in and day out that you realize it does not drive normally.

When going for a short test drive, the problems I feel can be brushed off as road conditions. But like I said, living with the car, and paying close attention to how many small corrections you have to make nearly constantly, and looking at other cars on the road really show that something is not right with my car.