Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - One Year Later - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 08:26 AM   #82
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm the OP and would like closure on this issue too!

Basically my car is doing 3 things;

1) pulls to the left quite often

2) sometimes if the car is drifting left or right, i have to turn the wheel LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT many times to get the car to go straight. It is like there is no "center" position for the car/steering.

3) Sometimes I feel the electric motor of the steering rack wanting to move the steering wheel for NO reason.

On Feb 27th I brought it back and test drove it with the tech. Of course none of my problems could be duplicated. However while we test drove on the highway, at times it did pull to the left, but the roads have such a large crown effect to them, it was hard to tell if it was the car being dumb or because of road crowning, which the tech admitted that it was hard to tell because of the road.

I drove the car that day up until Sunday to and around Pennsylvania. I put on 400+ miles. At times it does drive straight, but at least 85% of the time, it slowly drifts to the left way faster than any car should.

I am awaiting to talk to the dealer today to see what Corporate is going to say about changing out the steering rack again. I am not holding my breath.

I had a long conversation with the service manager at the dealer and it was just going in circles, like it has been every time I spoke to the Regional Rep. They keep telling me "it is a small car so it will move around a lot and follow grooves/bumps in the road". I then tell them IT DID NOT DO THIS BEFORE THE RACK WAS CHANGED. IT WAS THE SAME "SMALL CAR" BEFORE THE RACK WAS CHANGED AND IT DID NOT DRIVE THIS WAY. This usually leaves them in silence, because what can they honestly say to that.

I will keep you all updated, hopefully later today.