View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #83
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

FF Reputation: 23 amc49 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Others will tell you different and some of the stories will be incredible, but I do not and have not ever put additives in a car for anything other than when I was young and dumb. 45+ years now and never the need. In my view if additives do anything it is short lived. I do what it takes to fix my troubles by working on parts or changing them out. I could see using one or two different products but always found a way around issues to not do so. Most of them are gimmicks to take your money, I watched hundreds of people use them to no effect except lighter wallets when I worked in auto parts. FAR more disappointment than happy faces there...............and most of the people who seemed happy were the ones who seemed very good at fooling themselves. At least the disappointed ones were honest with themselves. Adding one bottle of injector cleaner and then fervently claiming an increase of 10 miles a gallon, that sort of thing. The human mind is more frail than an automobile engine or transmission...............

Jason, it's not rocket science, change the filter if that your belief. However, don't be surprised if it does nothing. No Lucas in trans either, if it slips with known good fluid the trans is worn, all there is to it. If it slips going into 3rd only when cold then it may go a long while further yet.