FocusRus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 109798
What I Drive: 2004 Silver Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 3 FocusRus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny42984 View Post
Got my 2001 Focus w/SPI back on the road the other day after replacing the head. The engine ran flawlessly for a couple of days until today..I was driving along and the engine died. I coasted to a stop and it restarted fine but began to run very rough and stumbling after a mile or so. Was close to home and when I pulled into the drive I turned it off and could smell a strong sulphur smell(dont think the cat is stopped up because it looked fine when I bolted it up to manifold). Anyways, I checked for loose hoses/connectors and unplugged most connectors one at a time and restarted only to have it run Very rough each time. Also pulled plugs and they are all black and sooty indicating a rich condition.(plugs are new and looked fine 2 days before) Any ideas what this might be and where to start troubleshooting? Any help would be much appreciated.
Have you detected any vacuum leaks? The ecm is trying to richen up the system in what is prehaps a lean condition on a cylinder(s). Who installed the head....used, new, rebuilt..etc ?