Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - MFT, Sync, Bluetooth Audio, USB connections and your phones, a comprehensive compatibility list...
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #10
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 1,218, Level 19
Points: 1,218, Level: 19 Points: 1,218, Level: 19 Points: 1,218, Level: 19
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
With the latest MFT update my MFT can receive and read text messages to me from my Iphone 5, HOWEVER, I get the following strange behaviours:

- No voice commands available to direct the system to read messages. When I ask for "Messaging" within the "Phone" voice commends, the answer is "messaging is not supported on this device".
- When MFT displays the "text message" received notification, the notification and related action buttons only stay on screen for about 2 seconds which is not usually enough time for the driver to read the message and/or press the "speaker" button onscreen to hear the message audibly (though if your quick enough to press the button the system will read the message to you).

Is this what's happening with others here? Any tips or tricks out there to get this working more seamlessly?
Here's the voice commands that work for me(I think, I'll confirm at lunch).

hit paddle, tone,say "phone", tone, say "play message one".

UPDATE: Actually all you need to say is "Listen message 1" or whatever message number you want to hear. No need to even say "Phone".

Last edited by lewisra; 03-05-2013 at 12:16 PM.