Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - might be picking me up a....
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #15
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 34077
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by homey55 View Post
So after wrestling with the new exhaust for 2 hours it finally went on. I was a major PITA and my entire body is sore from trying to contort the exhaust into place. The Borla muffler does not really fit (too wide) and the tip sticks out too far as previously stated. I'll probably take it to a shop and have them fix the tip.

I would reccomend having a shop install the system. The price is right and the sound is not obnoxious and it is mandrel bent (most shops can't do mandrel bent) and I think the car runs considerably lower RPM's on the road so I'm excited to see if my mileage improved.
Its expected with this system. Plus it sucks not doing it with a lift. Things that helped me a lot.

- i pre assembled the system before mounting it, that way i had and idea, since i had trouble putting the connecting pieces together i sanded the male parts with 400, then soaked them in wd-40 and pb blaster. They went in pretty smooth. As for the tip sticking put, i put the axle back part further in but not enough to make the rear hanger not effective. The tip sits pretty good for my taste