View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 03:11 AM   #7
simonfocus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 107906
What I Drive: Focus

FF Reputation: 1 simonfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The cable I bought is not an original one there are many sellers, and I contacted the seller who is also from UK and he says he is not a technician and can't advise on how to set it up, he is just a seller that loves to sell! In the software package he sent along with the cable there were some usb driver files but it is not helping at all.

I have searched google and found several types of drivers for this cable but none of them seems to be working. According to their instructions, after the cable is inserted into the laptop in Windows device manager it should be able to see what driver is installed and if it is working. In all the cases I have worked with, device manager shows an error icon for that particular driver.

And yes I did change the baud to a different value but this didn't help either. Windows does find a driver to it but suddenly during the installation it ends and gives a message that it can't proceed, it installs this Prologic driver.

The installation of drivers seems to be a straightforward job, but I guess there are more technical stuff involved in it than I am aware of.

This is the method I have used to test the cable: http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/s...&kbarticleid=1

So far I have used freeware softwares just to see if I can see some results, and one of them is Scantool which is from US.