Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - New Owner (2012 Hatchback SEL): Engine Noise, Parcel Shelf/Cargo Shade Questions
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #17
mister_eff
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 110362
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Hatchback SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mister_eff Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for the replies. My dealer is insisting that the parcel shade is considered optional equipment on the car (which is certified pre-owned). The cost of the shade from the dealer is nearly $200, which seems insane to me. I may end up going ebay if I still want it, or else I don't know. Maybe try to just fashion one myself out of wood and some tarp-like material.

The low frequency noise I hear at low speeds seems to be DCT-related, and it seems to be a characteristic thing rather than a problem thing. I've only read a couple pages of the 75 page thread on the DCT. My car is limited to minor shaking/jitteryness at very low speeds, but otherwise the car drives smoothly. I checked the etis.ford.com website and it said "no campaign messages found", so that's supposed to mean that it has the 12B37 update, correct? Would that mean that everything in the car is up-to-date?

I do wonder if adding sound deadening material would reduce the shaking/jiteryness, just because of the extra weight.

Thanks.