Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Upgrade to leather ???
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #8
01lariatcrew
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99203
What I Drive: 2010 Blue Flame SES Sedan #063

Points 82, Level 1
Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 01lariatcrew Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Both 2010 SES sedans that I have (sold the silver one) came with cloth from the factory. I have installed heated leather in both of them and it has worked just fine. The connector under the seat has everything I needed to make it wok.

In other words... I went to a salvage yard that I found online at www.car-part.com, purchased leather interior for $300 and a new HVAC control unit (with heated seat buttons). Pulled the cloth interior out, put the leather interior in, reset the occupant classification sensor, installed the different HVAC control unit and the heated seats worked just like if it was equipped with it.

I never replaced any fuses or touched any wiring. The cloth front seats make great basement furniture lol. IMO, the black leather with the white contrast stitching looks great. I have pictures of the leather installed, but to be honest, just look at one that came with leather and you will know what it looks like.

The door panels are also different if equipped with leather. I have not switched my door panels yet as no one that I know knows there was a difference ;) and I didn't want to spend the money. If you want to know more just ask.