Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - My local Ford dealer is hosting a buy-back program this month
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #22
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90661
What I Drive: '12 frosted glass SEL '67 Gal vert.

FF Reputation: 3 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorddave View Post
I thought the 2012 focus had serious transmission issues? Why would the dealer want to risk buying back a car they can't sell?
Probably because it isn't such a serious issue. It's like listening to Fox or MSNBC, too much time listening to either one and you end up with a very bad idea of what is really going on in the world.... We just read about it or experience our own issues, but it is the dealerships that really feel the pinch or any problems that arise frequently. They have a much better understanding of what is selling and how much they can ask for a given car in their region. My car never had an issue with anything on it. I happen to have Two and wanted a Hybrid for the city commutes my girlfriend does. Plus it has more room for hauling her daughter, child and stroller around. Otherwise I would not trade in the focus for it. I really like my own and will be keeping it for a long while to come. Getting tint done next week!