Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - My new Focus!
Thread: My new Focus!
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
I am Focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110673
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 I am Focused Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My new Focus!

Hello everyone! I just recently purchased my first focus (2013) sedan a few days ago and absolutely love it. It has sunroof, 17 inch alloy wheels, and Navigation for options. I did research on your site before buying for a good while. I read about the transmission issues and myfordtouch issues but decided to still go with it since I loved it when I drove one. Since It's a 2013, I figured it would have all the recent updates. So far I haven't had any issues and absolutely love the car. My last car got horrible gas mileage and so far I'm getting 40 mpg on interstate and 30 around city so far. So I'm definitely impressed. It handles great and like all of the nice features of the titanium. Some people had grinding after the first couple days but I have yet to have anything like this yet.

Some of you might call me crazy but I traded my 2012 Mustang GT (base with no options, black, 6 speed). It was fun when I lived in Charlotte but now that I live in San Diego I couldn't have as much fun with it. CHP's always following me, premium gas is high now, couldn't have fun with the car in the traffic I'd hit. I got tired of a stick in the traffic. Plus having a black car and trying to keep it clean was a pain for me after a while (anyone with a black car, if you want to know good polishes and waxes for black send me a message). This Focus rides better in my opinion than my Mustang did. The dealership gave me what I owed for my Mustang and a great deal on this car, was definitely a good deal.

Since I was use to the Manual, I knew to expect this DCT to drive similar to one. I happen to like it very much. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that I don't have problems. I saw many people here that didn't have problems and talked to people at work that have them and they didn't have issues either. So far I'm thrilled with my purchase.