Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Weather Stripping Issues
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #12
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95564
What I Drive: '08 Vermillion Red 5 speed SEdan

FF Reputation: 5 DarderSauce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
So I had a long trip home this Wednesday and I wanted to jerk my car into the ditch because the wind sound my drivers side door was making was driving me .

When I got home I rolled my window down, put my knee on the door, and pulled. I bent the top of the door a little bit (so little I couldn't even tell) and shut the door. I checked the spacing between the weather stripping and my door an I couldn't even get my finger between the two. I drove down the road and WALA no more whistle. I guess now that I can't hear the wind wistling through my door I realized how much I can hear my tires going down the road (AKA road noise).

I was thinking of getting some spray something or other and hitting my wheel wells and possibly some areas on the belly of the car. Anyone have any suggestion to stop the road noise a bit? Don't really want to use dynamat or fatmat so if you can think of alternatives I would appreciate it.

Thanks!