Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - New OBX Exhaust on Ebay...
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #12
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
OBX may not have this listed on their main website but that doesn't mean it isn't OBX either. Their website may still need to be updated. But in all the years I have been seeing OBX product, they have come a long way but still aren't where they need to be. Yes they are priced cheaply because they cut corners on their materials.

The piping may be 304 stainless but it is much thinner gauge than what other systems offer. Their welds are cheaply done also, most of the OBX systems I have seen fail over the years mostly fall apart at the welds. That is because they use a mild steel weld instead of a proper stainless steel weld. As someone else had stated, there is a lot of slag on the inside of the welds. I understand people are on a budget sometimes and want to have something rather than nothing. But you can always look around and buy something used for less than the price you would buy an OBX new. Granted we are talking about the 2012+ cars and finding a used system will be difficult but it's possible.

Also, keep this thread on track gentlemen. No need to go off on tangents of who is poor and who is not and the reasons why.

Also to note, I just did some price comparisons. If I were to get the FSwerks stealth exhaust shipped to my house it would only be $560 for a better quality exhaust that has better reputation for fitment. All the OBX stuff I had seen over there years has always had fitment issues. Some where more severe than others but none of it has been direct hook up and go. Again, this is only my opinion as others may have had better results than I have seen, but I am just telling from my experience with it.