Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #715
symbology
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94555
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL HB 301A Mtl.Blk

FF Reputation: 1 symbology Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorddave View Post
Hello, first time poster. And reader.

I can't say I read this whole thread but I found it with a search for the transmission problems of the 2012 ford focus SEL. My wife is looking to buy it but found people had issues with the transmission.

Some further digging and I found that it was sort of fixed with a software upgrade. This this accurate?

The focus she's looking to get has 33,000 miles on it and it was a rental from Florida. I would think that if it has any transmission problems that it would have shown up by now. Is this also a fair assessment?

Thank you for any information and advice you can give.
Only some of the issues have been addressed, namely rolling back on hills. Some rough gear changes, grinding, etc have not been fixed unless the clutches were found to have lots of wear and tear or oil contamination.
For 33k miles, the transmission will exhibit any quirks off the bat, unlike those of us who bought new and had to find out after a few thousand mile break in period.
I would listen for grinding between gear changes, how smooth the shift is, especially from a stop, if the car rolls back on hills (probably not easy to reproduce in Florida), etc.