sneblue
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88919
What I Drive: 2003 Zinc Yellow ZX3 2.3L

FF Reputation: 1 sneblue Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYZ View Post
Cosworth headers are not CARB certified. Only their CAI is for 2003-2004 Focuses. Furthermore, you will likely trigger a CEL because of the missing catalytic converter. You can run a tune or do the mechanical CEL fix to eliminate it, but you will fail visual inspection regardless.

I also suggest the Exedy stage 1 based upon your needs. The hyper single is way overkill.
I hadn't really put any time into the header question, thanks for the input.
And yeah, I am well aware there is not any viable reason I "need" the Hyper - but it sure doesn't stop me from wanting it anyway But, I'm not going to do it, just nice to look at it...

I have had the car for 6 years, I got the CAI in 2011 after smog tests tightened up on the visuals here and they busted me on a SRI consisting of the stock MAF tube with a K&N on the end. The car came that way & I didn't have the stock box. (I do now, thanks to a kind soul on this board, good to have the stock back up) I feel lucky to be a 2003 so I could have the Cosworth & pass

Interesting that the Exedy OEM seems to be well liked... it is certainly a lower price point. But I'm not sure that's a deciding factor for me... I really drive hard, oil in the blood & lead in the foot, 2nd daughter no sons, with a gearhead dad... I want that instant grab. sprints are all we get around here, no straightaways for top end speed...

again, thanks for everyone's opinions! keep 'em coming!