Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #2909
unistyle
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106959
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Points 7, Level 1
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 unistyle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
What kind of phone are you using kosh? slybarman I see you're using a Note 2. I don't believe the Note 2 supports pushing artist/song info over bluetooth, oddly enough. Neither does my Nexus 4, but instead of unknown it just says Nexus 4 on screen.

Your phone's implementation of BT needs to support pushing that metadata over the BT connection.
A lot of misinformation here. I thought I would clear up a few things. All of the Android phones that have been listed in the last few pages completely support AVRCP 1.3 and are all capable of metadata over Bluetooth. If your phone is running a version of Android 4.2 or newer, you currently do not have working Bluetooth metadata. The reason for this is because at 4.2, Android Open Source Project dropped the BlueZ stack and replaced it with the Bluedroid stack that was provided by Broadcom. The stack must now be completely reworked for the many Bluetooth chips found in all of these phones, many of which are not even Broadcom chips.

This is the reason why anyone running 4.2 or 4.2.1 has noticeably lower quality Bluetooth audio streaming. A lot of the high-end audio frequencies have distortion, and there is a lot of the low-end bass frequencies that are straight up missing. If and when you upgrade to 4.2.2, which just came out, you will notice a considerable boost overall in audio streaming over Bluetooth. The difference is large enough that you will probably have to adjust your equalizer. A large amount of the fixes that are included in 4.2.2 are specifically targeted at Bluetooth and all the problems it is having due to the new Bluedroid stack.

Unfortunately, there is still no fix for Bluetooth metadata, even with the 4.2.2 update. As a Galaxy Nexus owner whose Bluetooth metadata used to work just fine, I am really hoping this is fixed in 4.2.3.

Last edited by unistyle; 02-28-2013 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Linked a source