Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2.0l to 2.3l head swap
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #16
jugglethese
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108852
What I Drive: 2007 focus gloss black SAP zx3

Points 1,619, Level 23
Points: 1,619, Level: 23 Points: 1,619, Level: 23 Points: 1,619, Level: 23
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 jugglethese Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
If you can't use your garage, maybe you could use your v-tec buddies garages. Hit up the search button. What are you trying to do? A 23 swap or a 23 head swap or what? A few people have done this already. You can swap in a set of mild cams/ header/ tune to get some hp & torque out of your 20. Or just do a 23 swap to get more torque, which is great for a DD. Just to throw into the mix= How 'bout a 23 powered foci to start w/? '03-'04 hatch or a '05-'07 st sedan? How have know idea how many miles or condition of your car= something to think 'bout.
i want to do the 2.3l head swap, ive probably spent 3 hours last night trying to search for someone that has done this on the focus. theres just people saying theres no gain, theres no difference in heads. but no one has done it. im buying toms sct tuner next week, should be able to afford the rest of the bolt ons in the next few weeks.. i/e cai, header, already got the catback. then i want to get the 2.3 head and see what kind of gains ill get from that. Just dont want to waste my money to not see benefits.
132,000km on the engine and still feels strong.