felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 53 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugglethese View Post
Ive done a lot of reading up on this. and i see its possible. its just no one shows the build and what complications they came into. Ive also called around to local scrap yards to see if they have and 2.3l in there yard. they all pretty much said to me is the ford ranger doesnt have a 2.3l. i asked for the ford focus 2.3 and they dont have them in there yards :( im pretty sure the mazda speed and a few others have the 2.3l engine in them. ford owns mazda? but im not sure if it would be the same design or if it would bolt on. Has anyone done this swap? the honda kids in my town are constantly doing this. its like they have a grave yard of vtec's in there garage because there always swapping something. to me it seems like a good idea to gain a couple extra tq and hp, for not that expensive of a build, and a good project :)
If you can't use your garage, maybe you could use your v-tec buddies garages. Hit up the search button. What are you trying to do? A 23 swap or a 23 head swap or what? A few people have done this already. You can swap in a set of mild cams/ header/ tune to get some hp & torque out of your 20. Or just do a 23 swap to get more torque, which is great for a DD. Just to throw into the mix= How 'bout a 23 powered foci to start w/? '03-'04 hatch or a '05-'07 st sedan? How have know idea how many miles or condition of your car= something to think 'bout.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131