Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Rear lower control arm bolts stuck
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
firstv8focus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110498
What I Drive: 2000 white focus zts

FF Reputation: 1 firstv8focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Rear lower control arm bolts stuck

I have a 2000 ford focus zts with a bad bushing in the rear lower control arm. I have already replaced the passenger side control arm and now im working on replacing the drivers side. my problem is after i got the car on jack stands and everything. i put my floor jack under the spring and raised the control arm. i sprayed the nuckle bolt with pb blaster and waited then sprayed it again and put a 17mm deep impact socket on it with a 2 foot breacker bar and it would only turn a half of a turn and then stop. i know that the bolts are rusted to the bushings for a fact because i had to cut the passenger control arm out with a grinder. i plan on doing that to the drivers side because i already have the new control arm but i have no idea where to get the bolts for it at. i called ford to see if i could get the adjuster bolt from them and the guy said that he couldnt get it so i think that im screwed. any ideas or help with getting the bolts for this would be great.