Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2001 focus zx3 manual trans clunking barely engages
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 12:54 AM   #38
Oblivion
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92148
What I Drive: 2001 Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 Oblivion Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoMoCus View Post
It's more than a six pack job just to drop the trans on this little thing! I've never done a front wheel drive transmission pull before. I guess it was about how I expected. Unless you have plenty of patience and some experience/confidence I wouldn't try to tackle it. Doing it the way I did, although more work, made me a lot more confident in the procedure and helped me understand the inner workings of the transmission and the mechanicals of the focus in general. If you can do this, there isn't anything you can't do on a focus in my opinion.

I'll be attempting the reinstall tomorrow I think. That will be the challenge, lining it up and making sure everything seats properly. I'll let everybody know how it goes.
I may very well end up pulling mine out in the near future, in my garage.

Do you have any tips, or suggestions? I hate to be the one to ask, especially without having had researched it first, but:
Do you have a walk-through, or could you create a walk-through (text, video, picture, or any combination)?

I will have 5-days a week off here shortly. Time will not be an issue.
This is my thread, by the way (in case you wanted to read it):
- http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310324

Thanks in advance.