sneblue
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88919
What I Drive: 2003 Zinc Yellow ZX3 2.3L

FF Reputation: 1 sneblue Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Clutch Kit for 2.3L

Hi Folks,

It's time to replace my clutch... Tough to start more often (pump that pedal!), slipping with high RPM on the big hills, and also on the flats here & there.

It has a "sport" clutch, but I have no idea what's in there. I bought the car after it was repo, so I don't have any records. It has 97k give or take a little.

That said, I have immensely enjoyed whatever is in there. engages right off the floor, grabs hard, takes a beating, fantastic launches. ridiculously fun.

I'm a bit concerned I might pick out a kit that's not as nice....
I can't be without it for a long time, it's my daily driver. So taking it apart checking the ruins & then ordering new stuff won't work...

From what I've been reading in other threads it seems like most have been happier with the Exedy over the Clutch Master brand. Not sure if I should go stage 1 or stage 2. I doubt I will ever do a turbo, but I might do Cosworth headers some time down the road if the opportunity presents itself.

With the 151hp and whatever the Cosworth CAI is bringing to the party, and fantastic poly mounts holding it all together, what do you all think?

I'm interested in opinions & experiences... thanks as always!

Last edited by sneblue; 06-21-2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: typo