Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Cars You Regret Selling
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #56
BlueFocusSE5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97166
What I Drive: 2002 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 BlueFocusSE5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterH View Post
Was that a real Yenko or a recreation?
It wouldn't be a Yenko Camaro if it was a recreation.

Yes, it was a genuine 1969 Yenko Camaro. That car was the best car I've ever driven. Put modern day high performance tires on these old performance cars and they are a joy to drive. With that much power and torque on tap, you can drive the car in ways you can't drive an average car. A pure joy! Bone stock, 0-60 mph in 4 seconds flat, all day long and a top speed somewhere around 165-170 mph. Not quite sure because the speedometer only went up to 140 mph...only. lol At 8,600 RPM though, she was roaring Chevy big block L-72 427/450 horse thunder! There was not a car in the area that could keep up with her. I'd upload a picture for you, but I don't see how to do that here.

I have so many fond memories of so many great experiences with that car that can never be repeated. Some things in life are worth more than money and that car was one of them. Now she's met the horrible fate of being imprisoned in storage only to see the light of day once or twice a year at car shows. A terrible fate for the best car I've ever driven in my life, bar none. She used to tear up the competition and spit them out at S.C.C.A. autocross racing events! How I miss that wonderful car...