Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 9 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard4872 View Post
I did hire an attorney and I filed under my states lemon law act. I have had my transmission rebuilt twice in one year. At 25000 miles my rear main started leaking. They opened it up there was fluid all over the place which is why they said the cluches were slipping. 600 miles after the rebuild, I had a grinding sound whenever the car was under torque. They opened it up, bad clutches. They said it must of been a bad batch of parts. So they ordered parts from a different batch and rebuilt it a second time. Now when I leave from a dead stop on a hill, it slams into gear like a 2000 rpm neutral drop. I have built everything from custom rock rigs to 11 sec fox bodies. I know when there is a mechanical failure. This tranny is crap. I have driven Fords since 1985. Ford has pemanently lost my buisness.
Unfortunately, it sounds like the dealer tech did not properly follow the procedures for clutch replacement.

There is a set of highly detailed instructions for replacement of the clutch assembly that must be followed exactly, including the proper use of special tools and jigs.

There are many people in this forum that did have their clutch assembly replaced with good results. There is certainly no good reason why your transmission should not work properly at this point.