BlueFocusSE5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97166
What I Drive: 2002 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 BlueFocusSE5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMichaelAnthony View Post
Change my oil every 4,500-5,000 miles and average 32ish mpg. Might want to redo your math.

Prime example of why not to listen to this synthetic shenanigans. Anyone who pushes that much and takes that much time to explain it more than likely has something to gain. Never take advise from someone who will gain from it.

Oh and this cost crap. Local shop charges $30 for dino change $90 for synthetic change. So synthetic cost 3 times as much at that shop and I can go 3 times the miles but synthetic will save me money? Makes perfect sense!

Im out.
Oh, so now it's $30 per oil change for dead dinosaur oil? Is that including tax? Okay. 265,000 miles divided by 5,000 mile drain intervals = 53 oil changes X $30 per oil change = $1,590 for cheap petroleum oil change costs. Still far more costly than the high quality synthetic oil and that's not even factoring in the improved fuel economy a top quality synthetic oil typically delivers. Those are the facts my friend and facts reveal the truth, instead of the mis-truths of ignorance.

Whatever auto center is charging you that much for oil changes, you're getting hammered hard. Shop around and start using lower cost extended drain synthetic oils and save your money.

You had said.
Quote:
My car has 265,000. Has never had waste of money synthetic in it. With a good filter and proper change intervals for the quality of oil you're using, it'll run forever. Don't fall for all that "research" saying synthetic is better. It's all bias so they can get better deals from their oil distributers.
You're, "wasting", money on cheap, standard drain petroleum oils, as the scientific cost analysis I submitted has clearly demonstrated. I'm sorry, but that's a fact.

Yes, you're out, because the calculator has proven that regular drain interval petroleum oils are not a lower cost choice than top quality extended drain synthetic oils, at all.

Last edited by BlueFocusSE5; 02-26-2013 at 12:55 PM.