Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Newbie needs help cyl 2 misfire
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #10
cindy13088
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110424
What I Drive: 2001 Gold Focus SE/Comfort

FF Reputation: 1 cindy13088 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I can still drive the car if I don't go on the highway and stay under or around 40 mph without any bad hesitation. The bucking only happens once or twice and then stops and drives fine once I get over 45mph. As I said before it doesn't happen every single time...sure has me baffled and the other 4 people that looked at it. It has new plugs already, they were put in in Oct and we pulled the one in cylinder 2 today and it still looked like it was brand new. The wires are I believe the original ones that came with the car. I am the third owner. The first guy drove it for 60k, the second for 47k and now me who has driven in about 30 miles lol. I've only had it on the road for 4 days. The guy who I bought it from never had any problems with it hesitating at all (he's in his 70s) thats why we think the person that test drove it before I got there did something to make it run like crap not knowing that I was going to buy it so he could get it cheaper by telling the owner that it needed work. I honestly don't think the old guy would lie and say nothing was wrong because he has offered to give me my money back twice now.