tjboston5676
Focus Addict

Fan#: 71200
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 3 tjboston5676 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFocusSE5 View Post
One of the most intelligent, well put posts here. Thank you.

As to why excessive oil changes can cause engine damage; every single time the oil is changed, the engine oiling system loses its prime and when the engine is started there is zero oil pressure and metal-to-metal contact going on inside the engine that it never see's at any other time in its life. That kind of wear can rob life from an engine and reduce it's operating efficiency and longevity. It wont run, "like new", for as long as it could have. Excessive oil changes are not doing any engine a favor. Of course, the greedy big oil industry likes to siphon off consumers hard earned money if they can, but consumer groups called them on this and even the greedy big oil companies are now no longer recommending needless and wasteful 3,000 mile drain pain intervals.
so if i run my car for a few minutes to warm the oil and then change it takig 10 minutes, that in that 10 min period every drop of oil has come out of the engine? There is no longer any oil anywhere at all? and if u put oil in the filter before you put it on its not primed? how if this any different than starting up after the car has sat there for a period of time?
HATCH NATION #56

2004 Sonic Blue SVT!!! 2.5" orp and flex and trubendz catback, toms tune, steeda sts, custom intake, good ol motocraft copper plugs!