Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Best headlight / HID options for poor headlights on 2007 Focus?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #12
Lscman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95211
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3

Points 1,128, Level 18
Points: 1,128, Level: 18 Points: 1,128, Level: 18 Points: 1,128, Level: 18
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 9 Lscman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidernation08 View Post
Call them they are 50 state legal I have been through insp with them in there no brighter than any of these new cars hids there probably alittle less
Call them to get secret, unpublished advice, no way! I didn't fall off the turnip truck last year lol. They are not putting a street legal claim in print because they simply aren't street legal. This is common practice. Keeping it verbal BS one-on-one with inquiring customers allows them to lie without going to jail. It doesn't matter how bright the lights are. The HID pattern is not legal because the optics are not properly tuned for appropriate pattern nor certified by DOT. This sort of certification is not cheap, especially when the lighting system design diverges from stock (HID). I'm not suggesting that police will pull you over or state inspection will fail. Most lighting mods fly under radar. However you aren't legal for any state in the USA. In truth, most asian-sourced aftermarket headlight assemblies don't have DOT certification, but shops use them for collision repairs all the time. They have poor optics that tend to blind oncoming drivers instead of lighting up the road. Even some of the decent one's are missing certifications. This is why a typical asian headlight assembly for a domestic car costs $40 while the factory version is over $100.