Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Best headlight / HID options for poor headlights on 2007 Focus?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #6
Lscman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95211
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3

Points 1,185, Level 18
Points: 1,185, Level: 18 Points: 1,185, Level: 18 Points: 1,185, Level: 18
Level Up 85% Completed
Level up: 85% Level up: 85% Level up: 85%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 9 Lscman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbreese View Post
I'm thinking there must be something wrong. Any other car I've driven even with regular headlights is brighter then these. For example I had an 09 Honda Accord with regular headlights and they were wayyy brighter then these. Now my mustang has factory HID's so its not a fair comparison of course, but the difference is like a candle vs my Fenix TK45 flashlight, lol. I hate going to stealerships but maybe I need to take it to a Ford dealership to look at...But my mindset was yeah watch them charge me $200 or more to fix it whereas maybe instead I should take it to a performance shop and have them install HID's? For example: http://www.movinon.com/HID.asp
A HID conversion for your car would be quite expensive and they are most likely not DOT legal. Very few HID conversions are actually legal unless they are an upgrade using an optional factory HID setup like Focus S to Focus SVT. Since Ford didn't offer HID for '05 to '07 cars, the aftermarket HID's are likely not certified legal. Frankly if you're not DOT legal, you might as well run illegal $20 off-road bulbs with higher wattage and save several hundred dollars. Your stock headlights should be just as bright as the Honda Accord. I would suggest looking into new headlight assemblies if they are not totally clear or you can see something wrong with them. There are one or two aftermarket brands that are nearly good as stock...all the rest of the aftermarket cheapos are far worse than stock optics. You'd need to research that to avoid going from bad to worse.