Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Newbie needs help cyl 2 misfire
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #7
cindy13088
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110424
What I Drive: 2001 Gold Focus SE/Comfort

FF Reputation: 1 cindy13088 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
amc49, today the prev. owner hooked the spark plug wire up to a voltage meter of some kind. The number on the readout was around 4.81-5.00. I don't know what kind of meter it was or if that is good or bad but that was what it said. I have thought it could be the wire but the guy and my brother keep saying no. If the misfire is in cylinder 2 would all the wires have to be checked or just that one? As I said I'm a female not a mechanic and looking for some guidance. I have been telling my brother everything you all have said and he gets mad at me lol. He said if there were cracks in the coil pack you would see sparks ...I don't agree with that but am tired of arguing with him. It looks like I'll be paying the 90 bucks to have it diagnosed after all because he won't check the car again and I don't know anyone else in my area that could look at it without taking it to a garage. Thanks for all the suggestions, if I knew how to check the plugs I would go buy a meter and do it myself! Are there any directions or pictures anywhere I could follow? And directions on how to check the coil pack to see if it's working properly? I'm afraid if I take it off I won't be able to get it back on again and really mess something up worse. Sucks to be a female when you have car trouble!