Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Newbie needs help cyl 2 misfire
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #4
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

Points 2,929, Level 33
Points: 2,929, Level: 33 Points: 2,929, Level: 33 Points: 2,929, Level: 33
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 48%
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%
FF Reputation: 23 amc49 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You are missing the wires bigtime, simply viewing them means nothing. They come apart inside where you can't see. A simple resistance check with a $10 voltmeter can reveal good or bad. You need 5000 ohms or less per foot of length. Every time someone pulls on wires to change plugs you risk pulling the inside apart, usually why they go bad if plugs are changed more than normally. Everybody wants to sell entire wiresets and no one ever keeps in supply the rubber ends needed for different wires any more. I always check wires and save any good ones when I change a set, later simply using one of the good ones for a bad one can save me mucho on another set not needed. I've bought one plug wire set for 3 cars now, the old ones have fixed other cars twice.

Look at coil close for the myriad fine cracks, if so, you may need a coil, these commonly crack to let moisture in that can mess up spark in different ways.